What's Cooking at The Edge?
by, 08-21-2009 at 10:09 PM (404 Views)
That sounds like it should be a title to one of chefchris' blog entries. There are actually some interesting (among some other not-so-interesting) projects going on currently at The Edge. For anyone interested in an inside look, here's a few of the highlights:
1. New Checkout Buttons - We've gotta thank Uncle Pat for this one, he hooked us up w/ some new fancy buttons and a progress bar that make the checkout process a lot easier to understand. If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you place an order
2. The points system - This will become a lot more visible, and I suspect very popular once everyone begins using it. You basically earn 4% of each purchase as points you can redeem later. It's a pretty "seemless" way we can show our appreciation for your support
3. Online Order Status System - This one is proving to be a little bit of a bear, but I have high hopes once integration is complete everyone will be VERY happy. It'll basically transparently show what's happening with your order (even on the item level) each step of the way. I'm trying to figure out what status sounds better:
"Your order is experiencing a short delay because..." Either:
"Rudy is Currently Rounding Up The Eels That Got Loose In his Car"
"Rudy is Currently Huddled in the corner crying due to the influx of Scaled RM Smith Orders" ... Seriously we're going to miss that kid once school starts BUT you'll all be happy to know he'll be gracing the sales floor on Fridays and Sundays.
4. Better Search Functionality - coming soon is a test of a system that will really let you easilly "drill-down" into the product catalog quickly and meaningfully... you'll see exciting stuff
5. Improved Reviews Functionality - Basically our current review system on HGH... who knows, maybe this one will actually get used . The really cool thing is how this will integrate w/ #4 so you'll be able to "drill down" to Fishing Reels from $150 - $300 with 5 Star Ratings... Can't wait until this is setup
6. More New Products - So let your voices be heard and tell us what we need to pickup. We can get almost anything quickly and are HAPPY to special order.
7. The "New and Hot" category... This is the one we'll move all those "New and Hot" products into... Until they sell out or become "Old". You can find a link to the category on the homepage of the store, so far it's already helped some customers find some hot items that were once buried DEEP in the online store.
... and that's just what's on tap for the IMMEDIATE future.
as you can see it's exciting times at Edge Angling but we're counting on all of you to tell us what we're doing right and ESPECIALLY what we NEED to be doing right to win your business.